The Rossini Festival is coming to downtown Knoxville on April 30 | Community
The Knoxville Opera House Rossini Festival International Street Fair returns to downtown Knoxville on Saturday April 30th.
This free celebration of the performing arts features 11 hours of non-stop entertainment on five outdoor stages. Up-to-date information regarding show times and festival maps will be posted on RossiniFestival.Org as they become available.
Festival highlights include:
• 5 music stages, with 50 hours of free entertainment by 1,000 artists
• FunZone YMCA in the Market Square
• Eagle Distributing Beer Garden
• More than 100 artisans and food vendors
• Welcome ceremonies with elected officials
• Mini-recitals by the guest artists of the Puccini gala concert on April 29 at KO
• Free concert by the Streamliner’s Swing Orchestra from 8pm to 10pm on the instrumental music stage.
Performances throughout the day will include:
• Knoxville Opera Puccini Concert Soloists: Rochelle Bard, soprano; Amy Shoremount-Obra, soprano; Adam Diegel, tenor; Scott Bearden, baritone
• Webb School Singers, Knoxville Opera Gospel Choir, Pellissippi State Variations, Lucia Andronescu Flamenco Dancers, Alexia Middle Eastern Dance Ensemble, Momentum Dance Lab, Knoxville Community Band, UT Jazz Big Band, Knoxville Jazz Youth Orchestra, Hardin Valley Thunder Bluegrass, Volunteer Statemen Barbershoppers, UT trombone choir
Knoxville Opera’s mission is to provide residents of East Tennessee with high quality, locally produced opera and to contribute to the future of the operatic art form by educating the community about opera and its role in our culture.
Knoxville Opera, founded in 1978, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose programs are made possible, in part, with major funding from Steve & Ann Bailey, Eden McNabb & Chris Bishop, Celeris Networks, City of Knoxville, Downtown Knoxville Alliance, Mark & Cathy Hill, Home Federal Bank, Knox County, WR McNabb, Opera Volunteers International, Rotary Club of Knoxville, State of Tennessee, Tennessee Arts Commission.